This week’s discussion is like none other! Jessica Eley shares her personal journey of entrepreneurship while demonstrating that the road to business success doesn't have to be so bumpy. She also helps answer the question; “What does it mean to detach your self-worth from your financial success?” Jessica describes the importance of finding a balance between focusing on your goal and appreciating the journey of getting there.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Jessica Eley: From corporate job to entrepreneurship (2:40)
- Getting off the fence: Be ALL in or ALL out (8:15)
- Achieving success by focusing on the journey rather than the goal (10:00)
- Learning how to detach: Your WORTH is not determined by your BUSINESS (15:20)
- Finding the BALANCE between the focus FOR the objective and the ‘WHY' behind the objective (18:00)
- Align yourself: Be happy with where you are & move forward to where you want to be (24:15)
- Procrasti-learner: You don’t really learn something until you DO it (33:00)
- The biggest money hang-up: tying your net worth to your self-worth (40:00)
- Focusing on more than just the numbers: Evaluate your confidence, your happiness, and your family (42:50)
“High achievers are like runners and there are two ways to run: you can either imagine yourself being chased by a bear or running a marathon. You might run the same speed, but the energy behind the running is TOTALLY different. ” – Jessica Eley
Insights from Jessica:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Packing luggage
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- Making conscious choices and then focusing on them
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Everyone is always doing their best
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Get on the phone
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- If there is somebody who is experiencing this pain of the gap I talked about, know that you are not alone. There is nothing wrong with you. If that’s you, reach out and let’s talk.
- Access the BONUS MATERIALS from this episode!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- FREE ASSESSMENT: What Type of Entrepreneur Are You?
- SPECIAL OFFER: Conquer Your Money Story
- Learn more about Jessica
- Like Jessica on Facebook
- Follow Jessica on Twitter
About Jessica Eley:
Jessica is a mindset and personal development coach for entrepreneurs who are ready to create the money and success of their own definition. She has helped entrepreneurs earn 4-5x their previous revenue, break through multi-six-figure income plateaus, become confident salespeople, achieve work-life balance, redefine their entire business model to one they actually enjoy, and much more by creating new values and belief systems that line up with her clients’ unique goals and priorities.
“As soon as you are able to unhinge your worth from your money, then you are free to make money in a way that you enjoy.” – Jessica Eley