I know! It’s my wife but what can I say? She’s got a smokin’ hot business and she’s done what so many people aim to do – transition from a high stress corporate job to a business she truly loves. Imagine starting each day excited and feeling energized by everything you do throughout the day. That’s the type of business that Jill has created so you might want to listen in. Just sayin’!
Jill is an in demand yoga teacher, retreat leader and entrepreneur based in Portland, Oregon. She started her new career as a yoga teacher while making the transition out of her job in corporate finance. In this episode, Jill shares how she bridged the gap between her cubicle in San Francisco to her yoga mat in Portland. And she’s here to tell you all about it in this week’s episode of The Startup Sessions.
P.S. The bonus in this interview is the sheer volume of times that I say “you know.” 🙂
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Jill made the shift from a numbing 65 hour per week corporate job to becoming a successful yoga entrepreneur.
- How to bridge the gap between sitting in a cubicle and becoming a successful yoga teacher.
- The #1 step you can take right now to move in the direction of creating a life and business you love.
- The role that trust and intuition plays in creating a new career direction.
- What does it feel like when you know you need to make a change but feel stuck.
- How to know when the Universe is supporting your actions.
- How becoming aligned with your life’s work will have a positive ripple effect into every other area of your life.
- What Jill did when she realized that becoming a yoga teacher was not going to pay the mortgage!
- How to add meaningful and relevant income streams to your business.
- How to test and validate new business ideas quickly while letting your clients inform you of your next move.
- How to turn client feedback into new revenue streams while enhancing your reputation and integrity.
- Leveraging your reputation to generate immediate cash flow in your business.
- How simplicity can help you transition into work you love.
- Hear Jill’s favorite adventure activity (Hint: it includes a story about a dog and an RV named ‘Shorty’).
If you feel trapped in a high profile corporate job and don’t know how you would ever make a change then this is the episode for you. You’ll learn how Jill used her intuition, good judgement and action to put momentum on her side and build a business that’s both profitable and soul fulfilling.
I’d love to hear your remarks or questions in the comments section below! And please consider sharing this with your friends, family or anyone you think would benefit.
MORE FROM JILL:
- Jill Knouse Yoga – Check out the latest from Jill including her latest playlists, her teaching schedule and much more.
- Elevate Yoga Training Program – Jill’s signature training program where yoga teachers come for expert training, encouragement, guidance, and community.
- Find out about Jill’s upcoming events.
- Connect with Jill on Facebook or Twitter
RESOURCES SHARED IN THIS INTERVIEW:
SUBSCRIBE IN iTUNES: Visit The Startup Sessions iTunes page and click “Subscribe.”