Living in fear worked out pretty good for Michelle Poler. She got to live a controlled lifestyle where things would normally go according to plan.
Until April 6 of 2015.
That’s when Michelle intentionally set out to face her biggest fears. She had just moved from Venezuela to New York City, and she was frustrated with living her life in fear.
Michelle launched a project known as “100 Days w/o Fear”, where she went 100 days straight conquering some of her biggest fears. She started overcoming everyday challenges as well as things that would make even the bravest of us cringe. Some of the fears she faced included cliff diving, stand-up comedy, giving free hugs in Times Square and walking around in a bikini in New York City.
“Start facing your fears. Make a list and start committing to them.”
100 Days w/o Fear began as a class project while Michelle was a student at the School of Visual Arts in NYC. As the project grew, her videos on YouTube went viral and 100 Days w/o Fear became recognized by CNN, CBS and FOX News.
Michelle recently completed 100 Days w/o Fear but she still has fears. The difference is that now she embraces fear and isn’t afraid to try something new. Michelle recently created a new community to support others with facing their fears and experience the same personal growth that she did.
That moment when you realize you want to live life to the fullest. The second you understand that the only thing between you and your dreams is fear. The instant where you decide to break free from a limited lifestyle and start having real experiences that will lead to real results. That is the moment where you will be free.
Here are some of Michelle’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
- The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World by Chris Guillebeau
Business Super Power
- Attracting things with my mind (the power of attraction).
Most Effective Strategy for Growing Your Business
- Be transparent, genuine and honest.
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- All of Michelle’s recent 100 days without fear are her most exciting and memorable adventures.
- Michelle describes how a class project turned into an online sensation.
- Michelle talks about how she branded her project to help others understand her level of fear for each challenge.
- As Michelle began focusing on conquering her fears, she found that her friends and family began doing the same.
- How Michelle went from being really fearful to welcoming each new challenge.
- The added challenge of recording each fear with video.
- Why the hardest challenge was accepting the challenge of overcoming 100 fears in the first place.
- The defining moment for Michelle happened when she realized that her real fears weren’t the challenges she was doing, but there were seven core fears buried beneath those challenges.
- By avoiding facing our fears, we barely know ourselves.
- Michelle now embraces fear as an opportunity to grow and expand.
- What are the things you’ve told yourself that you will never do?
Links for Michelle:
- 100 Days w/o Fear
- Join Michelle in conquering your fears
- See the 100 fears that Michelle faced
- Contact Michelle
- Say hello to Michelle on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube