Branded a “Moxie Maven” by the White House for her unique and effective approach to developing rising leaders, Alexia Vernon has become a go-to thought leader, speaker, coach and trainer for executives, entrepreneurs and rising leaders.
Founder of Influencer Academy, Alexia provides coaching and training in public speaking, persuasion, negotiation, facilitation and thought leadership. She also leads Your Spotlight Talk, a virtual group-coaching program for visionary entrepreneurs, change agents and leaders who are ready to lead transformational workshops for their communities.
“Your legacy isn’t what you do with your influence, it’s who and what you leave behind.”
Alexia has a gift for helping people find their voice. She encountered an on-again-off-again relationship with her own voice for many years and now she helps others excavate the stuff that is stopping them from really speaking out. Not only does Alexia support her clients in finding their voice, she takes it a step further and helps them create complete transformation for their audiences.
If you know it’s time to spread your message and your reach but you aren’t sure where to begin, or you’re wondering how to push past your introverted tendencies, Alexia will offer several essential strategies in this episode to help you get out of your comfort zone and step into the spotlight.
Here are some of Alexia’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Making the Journey from ‘What Will People Think?” to “I Am Enough” by Brenè Brown
Business Super Power
- Enabling people to hear their voice and to use it to help others move to action.
Most Effective Strategy for Growing Your Business
- Getting on the phone with interested people.
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Alexia recently flew on a red eye with her 20-month old daughter. What made it an adventure was the tense anticipation of a toddler meltdown, which thankfully didn’t happen.
- How to connect and build trust with your audience.
- Alexia shares her simple strategy for defining your speaking strategy.
- Two power questions to ask yourself when tyring to decide what ideas you want to be known for: 1) What are people always asking you questions about that you enjoy answering? 2) What is the lesson you’ve had to keep learning again and again and again?
- Consider all the ways to monetize your speaking opportunities.
- Alexia talks about the cost of operating by default instead of by design.
- Don’t be afraid to communicate in a way that unsettles and stretches your audience. People deserve to hear you speak your truth!
- Do you consider yourself to be an introvert? Good news! So is Alexia and all you need to do is be genuine to yourself and connect with your audience in a way that is comfortable to you.
- The difference between holding yourself back and playing a bigger game.
Links for Alexia:
- Your Spotlight Talk
- Influencer Academy
- Say hello to Alexia on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram
Mentioned in this episode:
- Brenè Brown: The power of vulnerability; TEDxHouston
- Susan Cain – Quiet Revolution: Unlocking the Power of Introverts