My guest this week has an insatiable curiosity about human nature, a playful sense of humor, a deeply compassionate spirit and an intense commitment to developing amazing leaders in the world. With over 20 years of experience and training, this thought leader seeks to change the face of personal development, education, and business.
Dr. Scott Mills, Ph.D., is committed to bringing together the best technologies, ideas and processes from around the world to create quick and easy change in the lives of the people he works with. He is the creator of The Gateway of Evolution Program and is the author of two books – Evolutionary Business Planning and Awake Parenting.
“We repeat what we survive.”
Have you ever wondered why you keep repeating the same old patterns in your business, and you can't seem to change them, no matter how hard you try? Scott provides compelling examples of how experiences in our childhood influence the way we behave in our business and personal life.
Listen in as Scott opens a window into the human brain, or what he describes as our own personal “Starship Enterprise.” He provides us with a quick snapshot of the “user's manual” and helps us understand how to leverage our brain's potential to grow our business.
“Our brain is like the Starship Enterprise and most of us are treating it like a tricycle.”
Here are some of Scott’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
Business Super Power
- X-ray vision – reading people’s patterning
Most Effective Strategy for Growing Your Business
- Be in a place of generosity
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
- Evolutionary Brain app – web version launches in August and app launches in September.
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Scott has been training to run his first 5K, and the process of preparing has been incredibly exciting because it’s pushed Scott to expand his identity to include an athletic side.
- Scott helps people determine what their base brain patterns are and then helps them create new patterns (from procrastination to action) to help them achieve their goals.
- Success isn't just about money but also involves relationships, time management, and quality of life.
- Scott walks you through his SPA treatment for feeling successful. Safe – the feeling of security; Possible – things need to feel like they're going to happen; Automated – habit and repetitive behavior.
- Scott describes how past experiences shape how you operate your business.
- Write the rules of your life as an entrepreneur – it's not just about doing more but rather doing the right actions that have the highest impact.
- Scott delves into the patterns that healers (yoga teachers, body workers, therapists, coaches, nurses, spiritual leaders) share and breaks down how early childhood experiences often shape their need to serve and seek approval.
- Ask for what you need – if you're not allowing people to give you what you're worth, then you're shortchanging them, and they can't fully receive what you have to offer.
- Your business will only grow as big as you do.
- We repeat what we survive – no matter what happens in our business, we tend to stay in the safety zone.
- When you have one negative thought about yourself and then your brain fills itself with 50 others, this is “your brain inviting its friends.”
- People with a higher resiliency move their brain from that first negative thought back into a resourceful place, breaking the loop.
Links for Scott:
- Evolutionary Business Planning: 7 Steps for Small Business Owners to Make More Money and Get Your Life Back
- Say hello to Dr. Scott on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn