My guest this week is a marketing powerhouse – she is a financial services marketer, social media speaker and financial industry influencer. Sheri Fitts is the founder of ShoeFitts Marketing and works with retirement plan advisors, third-party administrators and financial services organizations to help them leverage marketing tools and social media to build meaningful connections.
“How much bigger can I play?”
Sheri’s entrepreneurial drive began when she was four, selling her very own homemade rose-petal perfume in baby food jars, door-to-door. After 25 years as a graphic designer and marketing expert in the financial industry, Sheri decided it was time for a change – sparking that entrepreneurial spirit in her once again.
If your entrepreneurial spirit is strong but you’re struggling to propel your business forward, this episode will provide insight and show you that managing your numbers is key to growing your business.
Listen in as Sheri describes her journey of bootstrapping a business from nothing to almost $1M in less than three years!
Here are some of Sheri’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
Business Super Power
- Being able to quilt ideas (and people) together.
Most Effective Strategy For Growing Your Business
- Managing by the numbers is key.
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Sheri recently found herself speaking at a conference in Chicago alongside her hero, David Rabiner. To her, this was a moment when she realized that she had “made it.”
- Sheri talks about leaving a seemingly “great job” to start her own business.
- Finding the right time to fund a business is never perfect but there are some ways that can help make it easier.
- Why niches aren’t constricting – the more constrictive, the easier it is to go deep and demonstrate your value.
- Why processes and systems are important for business growth and profitability.
- What it means to “manage by the numbers” and why it’s so important for growing your business.
- The importance of defining your cost of goods whether you deliver products or services.
- How to free yourself to do what you do best and increase your success.
- Sheri discusses other options for leveraging your time besides just hiring a full-time employee.
- Don’t overcomplicate raising your rates – just raise them.
- The biggest question any entrepreneur can ask themselves – “how can I play a bigger game?”
Links for Sheri:
- ShoeFitts Marketing
- Women Rocking Wall Street: Episode 19: Just Breathe with Jill and Michael Knouse
- Women Rocking Wall Street: Episode 21: Go For No!
- Say hello to Sheri on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+