My guest this week has made a career out of creativity. As an artist, social supercollider, and self-described geek for over a decade, Willo O’ Brien has a passion for empowering fellow creative entrepreneurs.
Willo has succeeded as a creative entrepreneur for the past decade. She’s founded three creative businesses, served as co-founder of two startups, and launched multiple courses & coaching programs dedicated to empowering individuals and entrepreneurs to feel alive while doing what they love.
In this episode, Willo unleashes a bounty of actionable advice about thriving while doing work you care deeply about. Her knowledge and authenticity will inspire you to become the creative super hero that you are meant to be.
Here are some of Willo’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
- Start Where You Are by Pema Chodron
Best Conference or Industry Event
- YxYY Conference – A free moving conference for thinkers, artists, technologists, designers, creatives, geeks and entrepreneurs.
Most Effective Strategy For Growing Your Business
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
Favorite Recent Adventure
- Willo’s recent trip to Oslo, Norway, where she was able to connect with entrepreneurs from around the world while enjoying the sheer beauty of this amazing place.
- The surest signal that it’s time to pursue your creative idea.
- Willo talks about the most important step to take when it comes to launching a new idea.
- The difference between a ‘Creative Entrepreneur’ and a regular entrepreneur.
- Willo discusses the challenges and benefits of being a heart-centered entrepreneur.
- Why being an entrepreneur is like boot camp for your Soul.
- Willo’s advice about staying focused on what you love AND growing your business at the same time.
- The importance of resetting expectations as your creative business evolves.
- Why it’s so important to add support to your business sooner rather than later.
- Willo shares some of her top tips for being happy and healthy in your business and in your life.
- Why you should be creating expansive and connected days instead of rushed and hurried days.
- The challenge of creating accountability when you have no one to answer to but yourself.
- This one idea alone will revolutionize your influence in your community (Hint: Willo calls it Feeding Founders and encourages anyone to give it a try).
Is it time to flex your creative muscle and build the business that you know you are capable of building? Listen in as Willo helps you lay the foundation for thriving as a creative entrepreneur.
Interview Links for Willo:
- WilloLovesYou.com – Check out Willo's main site. It's full of goodies including her programs, upcoming speaking engagements, blog, video series, coaching information, and more.
- Harvest & Thrive – Willo’s latest program about getting clear on what you want to create, creating structure & focus, and thriving financially.
- WilloLovesYou.com/pioneers – Go here to get Willo's list of favorite apps & systems to support you and your business.
- Re:Connect – A journey of ReConnecting to the magic within!
- Say hello to Willo O'Brien on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram
Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe To The Podcast
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
Ask yourself: How can I apply this to my business? Add your answer to the comments section right now. I read and respond to every comment.