Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Here’s the next installment of the new series spotlighting the art of creating a successful side hustle – everything you need to know about starting a meaningful business on the side.
Everyday he’s hustling…
Nick Loper is my guest on today’s show and his expertise is building a successful side hustle and escaping the rat race. He’s the Chief Side Hustler at SideHustleNation.com.
Nick used to work for a giant corporation and he built his business during nights and weekends. He is a big believer in leveraging a side hustle to bridge the gap between working for someone else and being a full time entrepreneur.
This episode will showcase some of Nick’s successes and failures as well as actionable lessons learned from working with many fellow side hustle entrepreneurs.
Here are some of Nick’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
Best Conference or Industry Event
- World Domination Summit for inspiration and networking and New Media Expo for practical tips and advice.
Most Effective Strategy For Growing Your Business
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Hint – It involves playing digital nomad in SE Asia for 5 weeks.
In this interview Nick will also discuss:
- His definition of a ‘Side Hustler’
- How he got his start as an entrepreneur.
- Examples of successful side hustle ideas and Nick’s recommendation for getting started.
- His favorite hack for testing a freelance idea on Craigslist.
- Nick’s top recommendations for people who feel trapped in their job and want to start a side hustle.
- How to make time for a side hustle and stay committed to it.
- The top three mistakes he made when starting his side hustle and how to avoid them.
- How to validate a side hustle idea before wasting a bunch of time & money on something that people might not want or need.
- How to go from side hustler to full time entrepreneur.
If you’re wondering how to get started with a side hustle of your own, maybe it’s time to take the plunge. As Nick likes to say, what’s riskier: starting a business, or relying on your job as your only source of income?
For more advice on creating a business that matters, download my free ebook: Getting Paid To Make A Difference!
Interview Links For Nick:
- SideHustleNation.com – Nick’s fantastic website and a great resource for escaping the corporate world.
- The Side Hustle Show Podcast
- ShoeSniper.com – Nick’s original side hustle
- 79 Side Hustle Ideas You Can Start Today
- Work with Nick – Nick has a variety of options for helping others who want to start their own side hustle.
- Connect with Nick on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+
Other Resources Shared In This Interview:
Subscribe To The Podcast:
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
P.S. What did you find most helpful in this episode? I’d love to hear your remarks or questions in the ‘comments’ section below!