Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Doing creative work can be both exhilarating and challenging. It’s not for the faint of heart. Some days we succumb to the pressure of our inner creative battles. Other days we soar higher than we might have ever imagined.
The key is staying in the game long enough to gain traction with your creative project. And that’s exactly what this week’s episode is all about.
Tom Morkes is my guest this week and he is an author, publisher, startup consultant and instigator at TomMorkes.com. He believes that everyone has a great, creative project inside of them – something waiting to be taken seriously, something begging to be given the chance, something demanding to be brought into existence.
Listen in as Tom reveals the keys to his success as a creative entrepreneur.
Subscribe to The Startup Sessions on iTunes
In this interview Tom will discuss:
- How he manages to travel the world while building a sustainable and creative online business.
- His quest to build a meaningful business that can sustain itself over the long term.
- Starting a creative business from scratch and how to bridge the gap from side hustle to quitting your job and doing your best work full time.
- Tom’s methodology for creating great products that people want, need, and are willing to pay you for.
- The tools he uses to increase his productivity by 2X.
- One of his latest projects that offers guidance from today’s leading creative entrepreneurs while also including an element of charity that supports aspiring entrepreneurs in developing countries.
- What it feels like to see your ideas come full circle and provide value and inspiration to others.
- Tom’s process for connecting with industry leaders to contribute to his projects.
- His motivation for producing value and serving others in a meaningful way.
- How he was terrified to put his writing out there for the first 6 months.
- His process for validating his products to ensure their success in the market.
- The importance of setting a ship date.
- Hear about Tom’s most recent exciting adventure (Hint: Besides travelling the world while building his business, he made a last minute decision to attend an Eminem concert in Johannesburg as well as an upcoming safari in South Africa).
The life of the creative entrepreneur isn’t for everyone, but then again it’s not supposed to be. Today’s episode will challenge you to embrace your inner creator and unleash that visionary idea you’ve been holding on to. Whether it’s a book, a business, a blog, or a world-changing movement, maybe it’s time you bring it to life.
RESOURCES FROM TOM:
- Tom Morkes Website
- The Creative Entrepreneur – The Creative Entrepreneur is the world’s premier business and arts journal for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- In The Complete Guide to Pay What You Want Pricing, Tom explains the exact steps he took (and the same steps OTHERS have taken) to create such remarkable revenue from such an unorthodox pricing model so you can have the same success.
- In The Trenches Podcast
- Tom’s email: Tom@TomMorkes.com
- Connect with Tom on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+
OTHER RESOURCES SHARED IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- High Speed Low Drag – No B.S. advice on what it takes to succeed after the military.
- Seth Godin – Ship it
- Steven Pressfield
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
P.S. What did you find most helpful in this episode? I’d love to hear your remarks or questions in the ‘comments’ section below!