Entrepreneurship is alive and well and Michael Riscica is here to prove it! Michael completely bootstrapped his business from scratch, starting it as a side-hustle while working full time as a licensed architect. Today Michael has the fastest growing coaching community for young architects.
In this episode, you’ll learn the 4 main elements of Michael’s thriving business, the importance of community, and offering value before asking for money.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- Building a strong community through speaking and webinars 8:34
- Getting scrappy and making money in the early days of entrepreneurship 14:01
- The value of building your business around one core offer 20:15
- Using a podcast to strengthen your community 29:15
- Why Michael is adding business coaching to his model 34:29
- How adding team members lifted Young Architect to the next level 36:57
- Bouncing back from COVID-19 and pivoting to a virtual conference 41:15
- The true ROI of hiring a coach… even when it feels like you can’t afford one 47:18
- The value of hiring a coach that’s already accomplished what you want to accomplish 50:37
“I DON’T REALLY ACKNOWLEDGE MY COMPETITORS AS MY COMPETITORS BECAUSE WE HAVE A SHARED VISION AND A SHARED GOAL.”
– MICHAEL RISCICA
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Young Architect
- Young Architect Podcast
- ARE Boot Camp
- World Domination Summit
- Michael’s public speaking coach
ABOUT MICHAEL RISCICA:
Michael Riscica is a Licensed Architect, keynote speaker, internationally-recognized blogger, and creator of Young Architect.com, a platform that helps Future Architects succeed in school, work, and exams.
Michael completely bootstrapped his business from scratch, starting it as a side-hustle while working for the City of Portland. Over time, Michael continued to invest in the growth of his business and grew it to where it is today – the premier mentorship, learning, and coaching community serving the next generation of architects.