Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Rena Meloy and Ryan Kenny are the co-founders of Pause Meditation. They are profoundly inspired to help others make space each day to pause. In this episode, we dive into what inspires them, how their business has changed over the past few months, and what it’s been like to navigate changes in their business during a global pandemic.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- Perfect timing (4:00)
- The power of having a mindfulness practice (8:05)
- How to navigate anxiety and uncertainty (10:34)
- The power of community and connection (14:35)
- How to identify areas of opportunity (18:12)
- Getting out of hustle mode (25:55)
- 4x revenue increase from coaching (28:00)
- Investing in a coach (and why it matters) (33:19)
“MINDFULNESS SEEMS REALLY SIMPLE, BUT IT’S ACTUALLY ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS TO LEARN AND GET THE MOMENTUM GOING.”
– RYAN KENNY
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Learn more about Pause Meditation
- Try a virtual meditation class at Pause
- Reach Ryan at email@example.com
- Reach Rena at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect on Instagram
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
ABOUT RENA MELOY & RYAN KENNY:
Ryan and Rena serendipitously met in Nicaragua in 2013, where their lives were swept up in joy, disbelief, and the most vibrant love they had ever felt. Sure, the warm beaches, brilliant blue water, and endless sunshine played a role….but beneath all of the laughter and waves was their shared passion for meditation.
They had both been practicing meditation for years, and their compasses were set for a lifelong exploration of living with presence and intention. Little did they know this path would guide them to each other and align them in a vocation of teaching meditation within their own community and with communities across the world.
As business and life partners, Ryan and Rena are continually humbled by the impact meditation has on their lives and the lives of everyone it touches. This is an extremely challenging time, and also a hopeful one. Ryan and Rena find great promise in this new wave of mindful exploration, and they are deeply honored to be part of it.