“When you build something you love being a part of, then you find other people love being a part of it too.”
What if you could combine your passions and share them with others in a way that puts a smile on their face every day? My guest for this episode is Mikki Trowbridge, the founder of Yoga + Beer and Cofounder of Beer Yogis, and we’re jamming on how she grew a business by marrying two of her favorite passions: beer and yoga.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Creating a unique, and interconnected impact (3:46)
- Why it’s important to be open to new opportunities (5:50)
- How to overcome self-doubt (12:30)
- Finding support along the way (18:29)
- The genesis of Yoga + Beer (26:45)
- How to grow a sprouting business (38:06)
- The hard decision of letting go (47:06)
- How to get unstuck (49:21)
“I never, in a million years, would have thought that my most successful venture would be something that sort of just…happened. It’s constantly a good reminder to plant the seeds and do the work, but to also give space to let things happen, because that’s so often, I think, where the magic is.”
Insights from Mikki:
What’s a must-read for impact entrepreneurs?
What’s the single-most important trait for entrepreneurs?
- The ability to trust their intuition.
What are you better at than anyone else?
- Showing up when things get really tough.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you about?
- The best thing you can do for yourself is nothing at all.
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” – Maya Angelou
Do you have any ‘asks’ or requests of the audience?
- Do something for yourself that makes you feel good!
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Yoga + Beer in the Northwest and across the country.
- Learn more about Mikki and her yoga.
- Check out Balance & Brews.
- Connect with Mikki on Instagram or Facebook.
About Mikki Trowbridge:
A little bit about Mikki: Wife, daughter, sister. Christian. Type A to the core (working on letting go sometimes). Oregon-lover. Mezzo soprano. Piano player. Proud owner of Shanti the Shiba. Backyard chicken mama. Book hoarder. Craft beer admirer. Arm balance addict. Snowboarder. Stand-Up Paddle Boarder. Hiker. All-around lover of life. And her “job” – she gets to teach yoga.
Mikki has been teaching yoga since 2010 and leads studio classes at Indigo Wellness Center in Salem, Oregon and teaches private classes at Oregon State Hospital and at a variety of local businesses and organizations. In addition, she is the founder of Yoga + Beer and hosts regular events at local breweries around the Pacific Northwest. Mikki also offers Stand-Up Paddle Board Yoga classes in Pacific City on the coast. Mikki is also the Co-Founder of The Beer Yogis, a community united by yoga and beer.