“Entrepreneurs get into business because they are problem solvers.”
How many of us wish we had a community of entrepreneurs to grow with and learn from? In this episode I’m talking with Tara McMullin, CEO of CoCommercial. Tara is a community-based business advocate and is on a mission to turn today’s small business owners into tomorrow’s economic powerhouses. She’ll share her recent experience of retiring a business model that made over $1M in order to shift to a community-based business model.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Becoming an advocate for small business owners (2:40)
- Pivot! Pivot! Pivot! (11:18)
- Thriving in community (21:49)
- Creating a culture of self-empowerment (28:00)
- Enamored with authority (34:32)
- Shifting to a community-based business model (41:14)
- The personal benefits of building a community model (48:26)
- Bouncing back from being out of whack (52:45)
“It was either throw in the towel or go all-in with this idea!”
– Tara McMullin
Insights from Tara:
What’s a must-read for impact entrepreneurs?
What’s the single-most important trait for entrepreneurs?
What are you better at than anyone else?
- Trend spotting
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you about?
- When it comes to our businesses, we cede our power to other people way too often.
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- Talk to real people.
Do you have any ‘asks' or requests of the audience?
- DM me on Instagram. Seriously!
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about CoCommercial
- Listen to the What Works Podcast
- Check out Tara’s article Dismantling Systems of Oppression in Business: 5 Commitments For Working Together
- DM Tara on Instagram
About Tara McMullin:
Tara McMullin is on a mission to turn today’s small business owners into tomorrow’s economic powerhouses. She’s the founder of CoCommercial, a platform for helping small business owners work together to overcome daily challenges, solve big problems, and achieve even bigger goals. She’s also the host of What Works, a podcast that takes you behind the scenes of successful small businesses and shows you what’s working in marketing, operations, time management, product development, and more. Entrepreneur named it one of 24 top women-hosted podcasts for business owners.