“There are two problems within every problem. There's the actual problem, and there's how you deal with the problem. Unhappy couples and happy couples have these same problems; the difference between those relationships is how they deal with the problem.”
Today I'm talking with Kyle Benson, an expert at applying research methods to repair relationships, heal wounds, and strengthen bonds so that love can last a lifetime. He is an Intentional Intimate Relationship coach and is known for his compassion and ability to see the root cause of relationship problems. He created the Intimacy 5 Challenge to teach you and your partner how to improve your emotional connection and build lasting intimacy.
This episode will show you how relationships affect your business and how you can overcome challenges in both of those areas with some helpful advice from Kyle.
Highlights of This Episode:
- How deep relationship exploration impacted Kyle's health, career, and life (1:50)
- How do habits in relationships affect your business habits? (7:13)
- What you NEED to let go of to move forward in business and relationships (10:25)
- Can you actually recognize the problems in your business? (16:57)
- How mindset affects the culture of your relationships and business (22:42)
- Ready to wrestle? (29:05)
- Why it's so important to follow what makes you feel most alive (32:40)
- Why zero relapse is what makes Kyle so happy in his work (50:00)
“Problems are actually an opportunity for growth.”
– Kyle Benson
Insights from Kyle:
What’s a must-read for impact entrepreneurs?
What’s the single-most important trait for entrepreneurs?
- Emotional Maturity… having emotional intelligence and having what I call a solid self, which is defining your own values and purpose and principles and living from that place rather than the pseudo-self where you take on other people's values and principles.
Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met?
- Dr. John Gottman (The Gottman Method)
What are you better at than anyone else?
- I'm able to take what people say, condense it and say it in a way to their partner that makes sense and connects to their partner and deeply resonates with them. It's called the Dan Wiley.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you about?
- We shouldn't always trust ourselves. Instead, create space to sit with it, emotionally digest it, and respond to those feelings.
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- Creating my coaching process and turning it into a product.
Do you have any ‘asks' or requests of the audience?
- I have this challenge on my website called the Intimacy 5 Challenge. They're 5 really intimate challenges. I call it, “Into-Me-I-Let-You-See,” and that's because it's actually really vulnerable. These 5 challenges are going to push you to open up emotionally, and I encourage you to take these challenges and actually sit with the discomfort that comes up by doing them.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Download the Intimacy 5 Challenge
- Check out Kyle's blog
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Read more from Kyle on Medium
- Follow Kyle on Facebook
- Follow Kyle on Twitter
About Kyle Benson:
Kyle Benson is an Intentional Intimate Relationship coach providing practical, research-based tools to build long-lasting relationships. Kyle is best known for his compassion and non-judgmental style and his capacity to see the root problem. Download the Intimacy 5 Challenge to learn where you and your partner can improve your emotional connection and build lasting intimacy.