“Anybody can be a connector. It is a mindset and a framework for life, not a series of undefinable traits.”
Networking is a word that many of us hate; it brings to mind slimy interactions that don’t feel genuine, and looking at people as a means to an end. Scott Gerber is passionate about overhauling our ideas ABOUT networking, and instead focusing on being a Superconnector and community builder.
In this episode we discuss how to become a Superconnector, the steps for curating a dedicated community, and treating your community as family.
Highlights of This Episode:
- What makes a Superconnector? (1:35)
- Are Superconnectors born or made? (05:33)
- How connectors operate (13:38)
- Getting trapped in a cycle of doing things the way they’ve always been done (15:39)
- Curating optimal environments for connecting (16:58)
- Using discernment to know how and when to connect (23:45)
- How to measure the effectiveness of a community (26:05)
- Treating your community as a family (33:30)
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Be sure to check out Scott’s new book! Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships That Matter
- Learn more about Never Get a “Real” Job: How To Dump Your Boss, Build a Business and Not Go Broke
- Connect with Scott on LinkedIn
- Follow Scott on Twitter
- Learn more about Scott Gerber
About Scott Gerber:
Scott Gerber is Founder and CEO of CommunityCo. He is an industry leader in building and managing personalized, invitation-only communities for world-class executives, entrepreneurs and professionals. CommunityCo is the team behind professional communities such as YEC, an invitation-only organization comprised of over 1,500 of the world’s most successful young entrepreneurs founded by Scott, and Forbes Councils, a collective of invitation-organizations for chief executives.
Scott is a sought-after public speaker, internationally syndicated business columnist, television commentator, author of the book ”Superconnector” and a special advisor to Forbes Media.