“Go door to door, make it happen, good luck!”
Raise your hand if you’ve heard this advice about prospecting for new clients. Cold calls, knocking on doors, word-of-mouth – these techniques may have worked in the past, but today I'm talking with Jason Bay, who has some NEW and improved advice about connecting with clients and growing your business. Jason is co-founder, along with Sara Bay, and Chief Revenue Officer of Blissful Prospecting.
How can Jason help you remove the stress from prospecting? Listen in to find out how he’s perfected an approach to prospecting and growing your business through LinkedIn and more!
Highlights of This Episode:
- The inspiration behind Blissful Prospecting (2:35)
- Jason’s insights on Facebook vs. LinkedIn for B2B (5:25)
- An analogy for finding the big clients (8:03)
- Jason’s perspective on paying money for leads (9:20)
- Finding your dream clients (14:40)
- Where to find and engage them using LinkedIn (24:20)
- LinkedIn Profile Tips (30:25)
- Building your messaging strategy (34:20)
“Don’t prospect to make a sale. Prospect to start a conversation and the selling will come afterward.”
– Jason Bay
Insights from Jason:
What’s a must-read for impact entrepreneurs?
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
What’s the single-most important trait for entrepreneurs?
- Resilience and Patience
Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met?
- Vanessa Van Edwards from The Science of People
What are you better at than anyone else?
- Simplifying complex things.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you about?
- Share everything! Put your stuff out there and show people that you know what you’re talking about.
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- You’ve got to lead from the front, you’ve got to go out there and set the example.
Do you have any ‘asks’ or requests of the audience?
- Check out the Small Business Ninja Newsletter, and send Jason a message when you sign up!
Mentioned in This Episode:
- See the Blissful Prospecting Process
- LinkedIn Premium Subscription Plans
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect with Jason on LinkedIn
About Jason Bay:
Jason's entrepreneurial experience dates back to 2008. At 19, he ran his first six-figure business painting houses while attending school at Oregon State University. He's worked with hundreds of sales reps and personally closed millions of dollars in revenue during his career.
At Blissful Prospecting, he's in charge of growing company revenue through marketing and sales efforts. In his free time, Jason also enjoys stand up comedy, reading, traveling, hiking, and geeking out on productivity tips.
“Be genuine about prospecting. Find out what the person’s struggling with, what sort of goals do they have, and how does what you have to offer, align with that.”
– Jason Bay