I’m out of the studio this week, so we took Episode 173 on the road to a cafe in Northern California. Certified Life Coach, mother of two spirited little girls, and simplification expert, Ashley Gartland, joins me to explore why saying “yes” to too much slows your business down, how & why to focus on less, not more, and why progress is more important than perfection.
How can delegation can help you achieve more? Ashley believes if you want your business to grow, you have to learn how to simplify it. A lot!
Highlights of This Episode:
- Why business design and simplification are so important (5:36)
- Ashley’s greatest challenge in business (8:10)
- Why consuming content is usually a bad idea (13:00)
- How to decide WHAT gets delegated (18:15)
- Truly appreciating the benefit of having ‘focus’ (23:30)
- The idea of having a Project Parking Lot (32:01)
- How perfection impedes progress (33:08)
- Designing business without “busy-ness” (43:05)
- How team support looks in business (48:58)
- Ashley’s favorite tools (53:40)
“What are the areas that are taking so much time to do…
that you have no business doing?” – Ashley Gartland
Insights from Ashley:
What was your first-ever job?
- My sisters and I ran a business named Cookies & Clean!
What’s a must-read for impact entrepreneurs?
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
What’s the single-most important trait for entrepreneurs?
Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met?
- My daughters
What are you better at than anyone else?
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you about?
- You can have freedom, fulfillment and a sustainable living.
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- Just start!
Do you have any ‘asks’ or request of the audience?
- Book one of Five spots to have a FREE 45-minute coaching call with Ashley. Explore exactly how you can simplify your business so you can find more focus, experience more growth and enjoy more freedom in your life.
- Get your FREE Guide: 5 Steps to Simplify Your Business
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Secure one of the Five FREE 45-minute coaching spots with Ashley
- Pickup Ashley’s FREE Guide: 5 Steps to Simplify Your Business
- Join Ashley’s Facebook Group
- Organize your projects with Trello
- Record faster than you type, with Loom
About Ashley Gartland:
Ashley Gartland helps entrepreneurs stop over-complicating things and learn to simplify their business so they can find their focus, grow sustainably and experience more fulfillment and freedom in their life. An entrepreneur since 22, Ashley got her start as a food writer. After doing everything from event planning to public relations to working as an editor at a digital media startup, Ashley launched her coaching practice to show other entrepreneurs how to bring more ease to building their businesses. Ashley’s work has been featured in O, The Oprah Magazine, The Huffington Post and Being Boss. She lives for rainy days, prefers kombucha over coffee and can be found hanging out inside her free community, The Simplified Entrepreneur.
“Simplifying doesn’t need to be a big grandiose thing.
You can start taking steps today.”
Challenge of the Week: Simplicity is the sure path to a more profitable business! Evaluate your systems and allow yourself the space to delegate those things which are not in your Zone of Genius.