Nick’s mission focuses on the re-development of combat veterans and other civil servants, through experiences in the natural world.
Nick is a service-focused entrepreneur and in this episode he explores what it means to be self-reliant and leverage your own unique value to serve others in a meaningful way.
Join Nick and I as we drink a little red wine and talk about how he uses his values, skills and life experience to connect with his tribe and make a difference in the world.
In this interview Nick will discuss:
- How his desire to serve others has influenced the creation of Southwest Bikepackers.
- How he found the inspiration to turn his idea into a meaningful project.
- The values of self-reliance, resilience and self-respect.
- How he is leveraging all of his interests and life experiences to create something unique and valuable.
- The importance of identifying your core tribe and focusing on serving them.
- The power of leveraging your heart to become a true leader.
- Why it’s critical to escape the concrete jungle and reconnect with nature.
- Why our deepest desire is to serve others and offer our unique value.
- Embracing simplicity.
- Hear about Nick’s most recent adventure (Hint: It involves conquering two peaks and sleeping under the stars!)
If you’re interested in leading a more meaning-filled life, listen in as Nick describes how to become a self-reliant entrepreneur and use your own unique value to make the world a better place.
RESOURCES FROM NICK:
- Southwest Bikepackers – Nick's website for his organization that focuses on the re-development of combat veterans and other civil servants, through experiences in the natural world.
- Mind Body Resilience Training (MBRT) – Nick's process for systematically eradicating dis-ease that resides in the body and mind caused by stress and trauma while rebuilding our resiliency to it.
- To inquire about sponsorship or support of Southwest Bikepackers, connect with Nick via his personal Facebook page.
- Connect with Nick on Facebook or YouTube
OTHER RESOURCES SHARED IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- Centerfocus Experiences – Incredible Grand Canyon experiences with Nick.
- Pink Jeep Tours – Join Nick on a Pink Jeep tour of the Grand Canyon.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
P.S. What did you find most helpful in this episode? I’d love to hear your remarks or questions in the ‘comments’ section below!