Ian Pratt, community builder and founder of The Weller Society, joins me this week. He shares what it means to find your ‘unfair advantage’ and how to use it as a force for good. Together we explore ways to expect unexpected obstacles and the importance of keeping on no matter the conditions, as well as the benefits of staying true to yourself and who you are. From co-founding Dwightly to pursuing his dream of founding The Weller Society, Ian takes us on his journey of entrepreneurship as he shares strategies about how to make money doing what you love while also having a positive impact on the world around you.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Ian Pratt: Why entrepreneurship? (2:40)
- How the vision for The Weller Society evolved (6:30)
- Staying in tune with your goals & visions and following through (15:47)
- Finding and using your ‘unfair advantage’ in a positive way (25:05)
- How to expect and deal with unexpected obstacles (29:40)
- The community surrounding your business: Everything you need to know (40:48)
“I want to spend my time doing something that I love, that I’m good at, and that I can go to sleep at night being like ‘Yeah, I do that and I’m super proud of it.’”
Insights from Ian:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Getting stuff off the top shelf
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- Lots of focus
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- I believe the world has an absolute endless abundance
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Focus on your strengths and not your weakness and bring people around you that are really good at the things you suck at
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- If you’re listening to this, you’re amazing. Your story is unique and it matters. What you do with your life is up to you, and it’s such a gift that you get to receive and also give to the world. Keep doing what you’re doing, keep pursuing impact and positivity. Just be nice to people around you. Smile more than you smiled today.
- Come check out The Weller Society. Come hangout, I want to hear your story.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Request your COMPLIMENTARY DAY PASS to come visit The Weller Society
- Visit The Weller Society to learn more
- Like The Weller Society on Facebook
- Follow The Weller Society on Instagram
- Check out The Weller Society membership options
About Ian Pratt:
Ian Pratt is the founder of a new business based in Portland, Oregon called The Weller Society. The Weller Society is a membership club for entrepreneurs, creative entrepreneurs, and anyone who values social connection in a unique environment. The Weller Society is the premier location for learning, working, playing and growing together in Portland.
“Focusing on your strengths is way more [important] than focusing on your weaknesses.”