Conscious entrepreneur and law geek extraordinaire, Melissa Jaffe, joins me this week to discuss the importance of using business as a means to create the life you love through blissfulness. With her experience as a yoga instructor and passion for the law, Melissa has founded Blissness School – a unique offering designed to guide business owners to a deeper level of consciousness. Committed to helping impact driven entrepreneurs thrive, Melissa shares the process of finding joy in business, regardless of the conditions.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Melissa Jaffe: The difference between creating a BLISSNESS vs having a business (2:30)
- Incorporating blissfulness in business: How it began (7:57)
- At what stage in your business should you look into having a lawyer? (15:35)
- How Melissa’s Blissness School can help you become a more empowered and confident business owner (20:40)
- Her vision for ‘disrupting’ the law industry to bring empowerment and light to conscious business owners (34:20)
- The top 3 mistakes entrepreneurs make over & over again (41:13)
- When to reach out to Melissa as an attorney vs. leveraging Blissness School (46:18)
“This business thing will push you to grow, and that’s what we’re here to do. You’re here to grow. You are NOT here to be comfortable.”
Insights from Melissa:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Blissness- acknowledging the space I was born to occupy and allowing my insecurity, fear, unknown, and questioning mind to relax into the manifest reality and doing it.
What’s your best time-saving trick?
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- That we don’t have a linear existence
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Don’t work for free
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- Check out my Business Checklist
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Use the promo code STARTUPS to get 50% off of Blissness School!
- Take the Blissness Quiz
- Check out Melissa’s legal services
- Friend Melissa on Facebook
- Follow Melissa on LinkedIn
About Melissa Jaffe:
Melissa Jaffe is the owner and principal attorney of a boutique transactional and IP law firm for creative businesses where she guides international creative companies, start-up businesses, entrepreneurs, and artists through tricky legal terrain with confidence and efficiency.
Melissa is also the founder of Blissness School, an innovative approach to offering legal assistance and other services to creative entrepreneurs.
Melissa also developed and practices HOLISTIC BUSINESS LAW, which is an approach to viewing the whole person or business, rather than taking the more traditional myopic legal view of isolated issues. Melissa has done away with hourly billing and only offers flat-fee rates for services.
In short, Melissa believes business and law are fun, and you’re meant to live in a state of Joy, especially when engaging and operating a business.
“Information and knowledge are bliss.”