The Superwoman Episode! I talk with speaker, change agent, author, and entrepreneur Jessica Williams who is in the midst of creating a movement! Jessica joins me to share her powerful perspective of building a project and sharing the lessons that entrepreneurs need to hear when facing adversity. From the rural south to her sight-unseen move to L.A. with $800 in her pocket, Jessica takes us on her journey and shares the exciting details of her passion project that’s making waves.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Jessica’s journey: where it all began (3:19)
- Why the world needs the Superwoman Summit (8:54)
- Finding her edge (and then pushing past it) (20:30)
- Does what you’re doing feel heavy or light? (28:43)
- Practices and processes that allow Jessica to be in creative space (32:18)
- Becoming a successful entrepreneur by building community (36:32)
- The challenge of doing the ‘hard things’ in regards to diversity (46:23)
“Having someone to hash things out with… a business coach… is SO important to me as a business owner. I can’t emphasize that enough.”
Insights from Jessica:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Transparent communication
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- Using Google Drive
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- My approach to running your business, which bucks the tradition of pursuing an old, outdated strategy
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Say “no” way more than you say “yes”
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- Come to the Superwoman Summit in Portland!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- BONUS: Register for The Superwoman Summit with Promo Code SPEAKER17 and receive $100 off your ticket price!
- Check out Jessica’s website
- Follow Jessica on Facebook
- Tweet Jessica on Twitter
About Jessica Williams:
Jessica combines the modalities of life-coaching, yoga, meditation, and mindfulness with a deep knowledge of communications and business to help you more fully integrate your inner wisdom into your professional life so that you can excel as a leader in the new world of work.
She is on a mission to help more women in positions of power by advancing the professional development of strong, wise female leaders.
Jessica works with leading executives, directors and managers; women who are just getting started in their career; and all of those who find themselves in the middle somewhere. She provides coaching and leadership for beginning female entrepreneurs. And she wholeheartedly supports any individual who identifies as female.
Jessica also consults and speaks around the country to organizations, non-profits, and corporations who want to support the professional advancement of strong, female leadership.
“If anybody is comparing themselves to others, I’ve been there. You have to look at that as an indication of something you’re craving.”