Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Business genius and fifth-generation entrepreneur Kedma Ough returns to The Startup Sessions! Kedma joins me for an honest, straightforward conversation on how to get laser-focused in your business despite the ‘curse’ of having so many options of what to work on daily! Kedma shares the two powerful perspectives that she starts every morning with, how this propels her forward, as well as how to become your own business superhero.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Mantras for making powerful, measurable, and impactful decisions (5:40)
- Defining YOUR drive and purpose: What impact are YOU making on those around you? (11:40)
- Finding freedom and purpose in entrepreneurship through discipline (17:15)
- 5 principles on becoming a SUCCESSFUL business superhero (22:35)
- Kedma to the Rescue: Resources and services available to you (44:15)
“Knowing that I could die today requires me to be hyper-focused on the most critical issues to move forward, because one day when I make that statement, it will be my time.” -Kedma Ough
Insights from Kedma:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- The power of persuasion
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- Hiring the best people to do the job.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- You can achieve the life you always wanted.
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Get out of your own way.
- Hire the best people to get you where you want to be.
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- BONUS ASSESSMENT: Email Kedma for EXCLUSIVE Access
- FREE RESOURCES: Oregon SBDC
- Check out Kedma’s recommended book
- Friend Kedma on Facebook
- Watch Kedma’s 1st Podcast with The Startup Sessions from 2014
- Check out Kedma’s column at Entrepreneur Magazine
About Kedma Ough:
Kedma is an inventor, author, speaker and a fifth-generation entrepreneur. She provides honest, straightforward education to innovators on feasibility, funding and free resources. Kedma is a proven champion for small businesses and currently serves as the Director of Innovation for the Oregon SBDC where she assists small business owners with starting, developing, growing and sustaining their businesses. Kedma is also a writer and contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine.
“Get out of your own way.”