Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Cameron Madill joins me to share something he’s very passionate about – understanding the B Corp movement and how it’s redefining success in business. Cameron dissects this new and important twist on capitalism and helps us understand the importance of B Corps in today’s economy. This week’s podcast is FULL of specific steps on how you can measure impact and begin using your business as a force for good!
Highlights of This Episode:
- How being unable to choose a career path led to entrepreneurship (1:38)
- Social enterprise: A new twist on CAPITALISM (5:09)
- The ROADMAP to social enterprise: How your business can help solve social problems (8:00)
- B Corps: Redefining SUCCESS in business (11:30)
- The 3 tangible BENEFITS of using business as a force for good (18:20)
- Rethinking business: Why do B Corps matter? Where is this movement heading? (22:05)
- B Corp Certification: Are you and your business eligible? (25:25)
- The METRICS: Measuring IMPACT (30:04)
- Nobody wants to be seen as a force for evil (37:50)
“Business is a force for good. We, in business, can’t just be amoral. We can’t just say it’s not my problem.” – Cameron Madill
Insights from Cameron:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
- Predictable Success by Les McKeown
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- After the Prophet by Lesley Hazleton
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Using a computer
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- Keyboard shortcuts
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Happiness is a choice
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- There is no silver bullet
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- Take the quick Impact Assessment to find out what kind of positive impact your business is making.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- BONUS MATERIAL: Business as a Force for Good presentation
- FREE ASSESSMENT: How can your business make an impact? Take the Quick Impact Assessment
- Learn more about Cameron Madill and PixelSpoke by visiting the website
- Find Cameron on LinkedIn
- Follow Cameron on Twitter
About Cameron Madill:
Cameron Madill is the owner and founder of PixelSpoke, a digital marketing agency that specializes in serving credit unions and progressive businesses.
PixelSpoke is a B Corp, which means it is committed to creating positive and sustainable work environments, giving back to the community, and caring for the environment. It’s a rigorous certification process, and he’s proud to be part of the B Corp community. Cameron organized the local B Corp Board for the city of Portland, OR and currently serves as the board’s chair.
Social justice plays a large part in his life. He frequently travels to Dilley, TX to volunteer with the CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project, which works with Central American mothers and their children who are fleeing horrific gang violence and other persecution. If you are interested in volunteering or learning more, please visit caraprobono.org.