Vanessa Van Edwards provides her science-backed blueprint for hacking human behavior. She explains no matter how ‘good’ you are, if you don’t know how to pitch your room, bond with clients, or if you lack negotiation and interview skills, you will always miss the most fundamental part of the sale.
Vanessa, puzzle hunter and large scale real-life experience investigator, brought her theory into the lab. Returning for a second appearance on the show, she brings you her human hacks for improving your social game plan and the importance of being an authentic storyteller.
“People skills are the lubrication of life.”
– Vanessa Van Edwards
Highlights of This Episode:
- How Vanessa and team tested TED Talks to examine how body language affects reception of the “message”.
- Why the best results come from being vulnerable and unrehearsed.
- A successful message delivery comes from being internalized, not memorized.
- Emotions are contagious. When you are passionate you speak with your whole body.
- Hand gestures communicate passion and charisma.
- Why it’s essential to possess both technical and behavioral skills & present with a flash of brilliance.
- Key strategies for understanding the laws of human behavior so you can get along with anyone, and your influence, impact, and income will increase as a result.
Grab Your Listener BOOK BONUSES for Captivate!
Insights from Vanessa:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Making latte’s
What is your best time saving trick?
- Never end the day completing something. Start your last sentence of yesterday and run with it. It gets my day going.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- That I am not really an extrovert.
What’s the best business advice that you’ve ever received?
- Try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.
Ask or request of audience?
- If you put these tips to use, come and tell me that it works!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Order Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People
- Science of People Podcast
- Previous Episode 19
- World Domination Summit
- Connect with Vanessa on Twitter
About Vanessa Van Edwards:
Vanessa Van Edwards is the founder of Science of People, Corporate Consultant, and Author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People. She’s also a Professional Speaker. Vanessa is a leading authority on human behavior and people skills. She provides science-backed formulas for getting along with anyone & making a killer first impression.
Vanessa is a sought after human behavior investigator that studies the hidden forces that drive our behavior patterns. She uses hacks to solve “people” by delivering metrics for understanding how to become socially attractive and how to leverage the science behind what makes people popular.
Question of The Day: How can decoding human behavior have a fundamental impact on your life?
“When someone asks you what you do, say it like you are delighted.”
– Vanessa Van Edwards