Sean Ogle went from working 60 hours a week as a financial analyst to operating his own business while traveling the world. In this episode, Sean will share his three-step process for building a lifestyle business – the same process he’s now taught thousands of other people.
“Is it riskier to stay in the job that you're unhappy with or riskier to try something that could lead to your dream life?” – Sean Ogle
Highlights of This Episode:
- A trip to Rio inspired Sean to leave his corporate job and start a location independent business in Asia.
- Letting go of consumption to embrace simplicity and adventure.
- The importance of establishing your basecamp in one location while building your business.
- How Sean found balance between exploration and building his business.
- Sean shares his 3 step process for establishing a location independent business.
- Why freelancing is the simplest and most effective way to start a business.
- Sean shares some of his ‘bucket list’ accomplishments and why he publishes the list to keep himself accountable.
- Why it’s so important to have a supportive community.
- Sean’s model for getting your baseline income requirements covered before moving on to a ‘Sexy’ business.
- How Blair used the Location Rebel model to build a 6-figure business in less than a year.
- Sean talks about his newest business and how its allowing him to expand his lifestyle options.
Insights From Sean:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Playing and recognizing the importance of making time for deliberate play.
What is your best time saving trick?
- Using the Canned Responses extension for Gmail.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- You don’t necessarily have to put in full work days.
What’s the best business advice that you’ve ever received?
- Create a product that you personally need.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Visit Sean at LocationRebel.com
- Watch The Desk Video
- Breaking Eighty
- Why You Should Stop Working at Noon Everyday
- Connect with Sean directly via email
- Tropical MBA
About Sean Ogle:
Sean Ogle is the Head Rebel at Location Rebel and his purpose is to help you build a small business that gives you the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere in the world.
Sean used to sit at a desk crunching numbers as a financial analyst. He thought having that desk, with his sweet views of the city and the prestige that went along with the title were exactly what he wanted in life. But a few years in, he quickly realized…it wasn’t.
Now, Sean enjoys his days as a lifestyle entrepreneur while traveling and sharing his proven three step process for crafting a lifestyle business.
“The goal is to allow people to enjoy more of the things that make them happy and increase the quality of their life in the process.”
– Sean Ogle