My guest this week is Laurel Staples, founder of Go Fire Yourself. Laurel graduated from Vanderbilt University with an engineering degree. She was the number one student in her class.
She got a good engineering job designing color laser printers for a well-known computer company…
And she hated it.
Now she is a marketing expert, business “Jumpstarter”, writer and podcaster. Laurel has started several businesses and knows what it takes to stand out as the best version of yourself.
This week you will learn how to ‘Go Fire Yourself’ from a job that may be holding you back from the life and business you’re dreaming of.
In this interview Laurel will discus:
- Why she quit a great corporate job as an engineer in favor of launching her own business.
- How she made the transition from retail store owner to health coach to online maven.
- The key differences between a retail business and an online business.
- Why striving to make ‘Forever’ decisions is delusional and will drive you insane.
- What it really means to design a business that will allow you to have lifestyle freedom.
- How to differentiate your message and really connect with people.
- Her experience that there’s not just one way to make money and how to embrace your full earning potential.
- The importance of staying focused on your long-term plan (and knowing what your long-term plan is).
- The two things she would do differently if she had to start over.
- The biggest mistakes people make when they are just starting out.
- The easiest way to get your tribe to connect with you and love you.
- How to deal with the fear of starting something new and stepping out of your comfort zone.
- The first three things she would do if she had to start over again from scratch.
- Hear about Laurel’s most recent adventure (Hint: It involves a very tall pole, ringing a bell, and a leap of faith!)
If you’re ready to do what it takes to quit your day job and create a business you love, this is the episode for you. Listen in as Laurel shares her experience and wisdom about what it really takes to make the leap from a corporate job to having a business of your own.
RESOURCES FROM LAUREL:
- GoFireYourself.com – Get a free copy of Laurel’s book, Income Switch. It will give you the foundation you need to make the switch from working for a living to creating work you love.
- Connect with Laurel on Facebook Twitter Google+
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST:
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
P.S. What did you find most helpful in this episode? I’d love to hear your remarks or questions in the ‘comments’ section below!