Have you ever wrestled with the idea that you’re not quite ready yet? Maybe you’ll “be ready” to sign the deal, say YES to the opportunity, write the book, start the organization when you’ve FINALLY got the degree, lost the weight, received the promotion, made the move, found the right partner…you can fill in your own blank here.
That’s your Impostor Complex talking and its throwing stall tactics your way. Clever stall tactics that prevent you from answering your calling and getting on with life.
Tanya Geisler is here to help you overcome the Impostor Complex so that you can step into your starring role and bring your dreams to life.
“Asking for help means you’re serious about your success.” – Tanya Geisler
Highlights of This Episode:
- Tanya’s unlikely path to coaching and making the leap to the work she was born to do.
- If you are feeling held back in the most important areas of your life then you are probably experiencing the Impostor Complex.
- If you have a hard time recognizing your brilliance then you’re experiencing the Impostor Complex.
- The 4 behavioral attributes that make up the Impostor Complex.
- Getting to the root of people pleasing, leaky boundaries, perfectionism, procrastination, and comparison.
- Tanya explains the 12 Lies of the Impostor Complex.
- The mere presence of the Impostor Complex means that you’re passionate and high functioning.
- The incredible power of naming your gremlins and thereby defusing the power they have over you.
- Why you’re afraid of being seen and how this could be holding you back.
Insights From Tanya
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
- Powerful and Discerning
What are you currently reading?
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
What is your best time saving trick?
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Your work is actually bigger than you.
What’s the best business advice that you’ve ever received?
- Your way is the only way.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- 12 Lies of The Impostor Complex
- Tanya’s TEDx Talk
- Visit Tanya online at TanyaGeisler.com
- Amy Cuddy – Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are TEDx
About Tanya Geisler:
Tanya Geisler is Leadership Coach (CPCC) with a penchant for clarity and an abhorrence of the Impostor Complex. She’s coached hundreds of high-performers to combat the Impostor Complex so they can step into the starring roles of their lives and achieve their ultimate goals. She has written ‘The 12 Lies of the Impostor Complex’, ‘The Joy Pages’, created Board of Your Life and the transformational Step into Your Starring Role coaching program.
It is her indomitable belief that if everyone knew their own unique recipe for their personal brand of joy, they’d hold the key to shining in their life, in their work and in their life’s work.
“Our job is to be a model of possibility.”
– Tanya Geisler