Getting paid for your work the is one of the most important parts of your business, but it’s also one of the most challenging things you’ll have to do. In fact, it’s so damn hard for some people to sell their work that I was compelled to dedicate an entire episode JUST on this one part of your business.
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION, because a lot of the processes Kendrick Shope talks about are exactly the ones that I see so many people struggling with in their businesses. Things like testing ideas out before launching them (with literally hundreds of people), getting completely aligned with your value, and learning that selling is actually about helping.
Kendrick shares some absolute game changing strategies that you can begin using to generate more revenue in your business right now!
“If you don’t sell people, it means you’re not telling people. And if don’t tell people, then what’s the point?” – Kendrick Shope
Highlights of This Episode:
- The defining moment when Kendrick realized the opportunity to focus on her area of expertise.
- Understanding the power and the fundamentals of Authentic Selling.
- Why it’s your responsibility to become fully aligned with selling.
- How to sell without being pushy.
- If you’re not making as much money as you want, maybe you’re being too polite.
- Selling is helping. Period!
- Why should someone consider going into debt to buy your product or service?
- You have no business judging someone else’s ability to pay you.
- Kendrick shares the #1 thing you need to do to have the greatest impact on your business.
- Why Kendrick helped 100 people for free to jumpstart her business.
- How to determine the value of what you’re selling.
Insights From Kendrick:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What is a book that you read in 2016 that had the greatest impact on you?
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
What is your best time saving trick?
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Hard work and sacrifice still creates results
What’s the best business advice that you’ve ever received?
- No matter how often you get knocked down, you get back up!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Visit Kendrick online at KendrickShope.com
- Connect with Kendrick on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Jenny Shih was mentioned several times on this episode.
About Kendrick Shope:
Kendrick Shope is the Creator of Authentic Selling, a process designed to take the ick out of selling so that you can do more of what you love, make money, and make a difference. In her previous life, Kendrick worked for three Fortune 500 companies and was a top performing sales representative.
Kendrick is an author, media personality and one of the top sales coaches in the industry and understands that selling is a non-negotiable skill for every entrepreneur. Kendrick helps her clients transform their businesses, leading to happier, more abundant clients and more revenue.
“Sales is an absolute necessity if you’re going to make money and change lives.” – Kendrick Shope