Danny Iny joins me to talk about the future of online courses and how the Teach and Grow Rich opportunity will be life-changing, not just for those who teach but also for those who want to learn. We also discuss the ‘Information vs. Education’ divide that will leave some online entrepreneurs wondering what happened while opening up huge potential for those who are prepared.
“You as an entrepreneur have a responsibility to deliver meaningful outcomes to the people who are paying you money.” – Danny Iny
Highlights of This Episode:
- Danny talks about going from $250k in debt to having a thriving business.
- How to leverage online education as a compliment to an existing business model.
- The non-negotiable criteria for succeeding as an Educator Entrepreneur.
- The importance of having a narrow and specific focus.
- You have to lead with the benefit, followed by a unique mechanism.
- What is an Educator Entrepreneur?
- The big difference between delivering online information vs an online education experience.
- What is the least you can include in your program and still deliver an outcome that would be valuable to your student?
- Danny breaks down the four kinds of Educator Entrepreneurs.
- Three reasons why you might want to consider the Educator Entrepreneur opportunity.
Insights From Danny:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
- How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7 by Joanna Faber and Julie King
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Washing the dishes
What is your best time saving trick?
- Putting everything aside and washing the dishes and then reassessing everything and deciding what actually needs to be done.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Formal education institutions are broken yet education is important so Danny isn’t wild about the idea of sending his children to public school.
What’s the best business advice that you’ve ever received?
- Curiosity is critical!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The first 50 people who pre-order a physical copy of Teach and Grow Rich will receive it for free. You must use the coupon code startup receive a FREE copy of Teach and Grow Rich plus the added bonuses.
- The Course Builders Laboratory
- Stand Out Guest Posting
- Visit Danny Iny online at Mirasee
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
- Sean Platt – The Story Seller’s Apprentice
- Connect with Danny on Facebook and Twitter
About Danny Iny:
Danny Iny is the founder of Mirasee, host of the Business Reimagined podcast, best-selling author of multiple books including Engagement from Scratch!, The Audience Revolution, and Teach and Grow Rich, and creator of the acclaimed Audience Business Masterclass and Course Builder’s Laboratory training programs, which have together graduated over 5,000 value-driven online entrepreneurs. Danny has maintained a passionate commitment to learning and transparency, freely sharing lessons learned from great successes, major challenges, and even his personal life to support the online entrepreneurial community as a teacher, speaker, angel investor, and advisor to many of the top leaders in our industry, who have Danny on speed-dial when they need help with their business or strategy.