Fear of failure causes most people to avoid situations where they could face possible rejection. This week’s guest is Andrea Waltz and she discusses the relationship you have with the word “No” and how what you think and feel when you hear the word “No” is the single most important factor in determining the level of success you will achieve in your business.
“YES is the destination, NO is how you get there.”
– Andrea Waltz
Highlights of This Episode:
- Go for No! is about intentionally hearing “no” more often and increasing your failure rate.
- Reprograming yourself to see that success is on the other side of failure.
- The importance of giving yourself permision to fail.
- Why you must have a ‘No-Goal’ to reach your full potential.
- How to build unshakable confidence with the Go for No! strategy.
- Learning to ask for what you want by becoming positively persistent.
- Andrea shares her scariest Go for No! moment.
- Don't be afraid to ask someone why they said “no” to you.
- How to deal with rejection if you’re a people pleaser.
Insights From Andrea Waltz:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
- You Must Write a Book: Boost Your Brand, Get More Business, and Become the Go-To Expert by Honoree Corder
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
What is your best time saving trick?
- Writing things down on paper so that I remember them.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
What’s the best business advice that you’ve ever received?
- Specify how you want to work and use what you want as a great negotiation point. Request what you want and need.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Go For No: Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz
- Mastering Go for No!
- Take the Go for No! 30 Day Challenge
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
About Andrea Waltz:
Andrea Waltz is the premier expert on overcoming the fear of rejection and the dealing with the word “no.” She is the co-author of the bestselling book Go for No!, along with her husband and business partner, Richard Fenton. They both travel the world sharing their message with live audiences of up to 10,000 people. Andrea and Richard founded Courage Crafters Inc. and believe that courage is the single most important virtue on which everything else in life is built.