As an entrepreneur, turning ideas into action is what counts. Charlie Gilkey is an authority on the topics of self-mastery and personal effectiveness and he is going to share how to how to channel your time, energy, and attention into finishing the stuff that matters most.
“We all have the same amount of time, some people just make different choices with the time they have available.” – Charlie Gilkey
Highlights of This Episode:
- Charlie shares how being an Army logistics officer, business strategist and philosopher all work together cohesively.
- A business is a powerful vehicle for someone to reach their goals.
- If money is the thing that drives you, being an entrepreneur may not be the best fit.
- Productivity is fundamentally doing the things that matter to you.
- “Effectiveness” means doing fewer things rather than doing more things, better.
- Charlie discusses the biggest lies that most entrepreneurs tell themselves.
- The importance of understanding the core vs the extremities of your business.
- The new reality (and frequency) of internal and external disruptions occurring within your business.
- Being bored is never a good reason to change or disrupt your business.
- The down-side of “Founders Mojo.”
- Charlie discusses smart-sourcing, not out-sourcing.
- Doing all those little 15-minute tasks is what steals away your ability to get the most important projects completed.
Insights From Charlie:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What every day thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Managing multiple projects, clients and businesses at once.
What’s your best time saving trick?
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Not much good happens after 9pm at night.
What is the best business advice you've ever received?
- Do less.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Productive Flourishing
- Free Planners
- Charlie's Book: The Small Business Life Cycle
- The Creative Giant Podcast
- Heat Mapping Your Productivity
About Charlie Gilkey:
Business Growth Strategist, Charlie Gilkey, helps people and businesses find out what matters most and then focus on executing against it. He offers coaching, consulting, workshops, and products that help people start finishing the stuff that matters. Charlie helps us learn how to finish the projects we start and leverage them into the next, best version of our work.
“By trying to do all the work yourself, you are depriving someone else of doing the work that they love to do.” – Charlie Gilkey