As a busy entrepreneur, you’re on the lookout for ways to be more efficient and effective. This week’s guest is Dr. Jessica Brandes and we’re discussing how to reach your optimal state of physical and cognitive performance. This is a fascinating interview unlike any other that I’ve done.
“One person’s health can affect the economic outcome of an entire company.”
– Dr. Jessica Brandes
Highlights of This Episode:
- What is Biohacking and why should you care?
- Jessica shares her story of how she became involved with biohacking and life optimization.
- Hacking your genetic code for optimal performance.
- The importance of getting quality sleep.
- The negative affects of exercising before bed.
- How to mitigate the effects of drinking alcohol.
- Jessica talks about the benefits of a ketogenic diet.
- Exercise is the primary treatment for anxiety and depression.
- Meditation is an amazing tool for enhanced focus and high performance.
- The difference between nootropics and other cognitive enhancers.
- Jessica discusses the “good” and “bad” cognitive enhancers.
- IV Therapy provides a boost when you get run down.
- Jessica shares her perspective on cryotherapy.
“Sacrificing sleep for the sake of work makes absolutely no sense.”
– Dr. Jessica Brandes
Insights From Dr. Jessica:
Most influential book?
What is your business superpower?
- Listening and getting someone to tell me almost anything about themselves.
What bold promise can you make to everyone you meet?
- I will be 100% honest and authentic and tell you exactly how I feel.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Relationships do not have to fit a specific mold.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Your infants will eventually grow up! And don’t fear as much.
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- Being an individual who was easy to turn to, a great problem solver and most importantly, someone who had an influential moment in someone’s life.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Find Jessica at getinfused.co
- Connect with Jessica on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Genetic Genie
- Dry Farm Wines
- buddhify for meditation
- Modern AlkaMe
About Dr. Jessica Brandes:
If you’re an entrepreneur, it’s likely that you’ve experienced sleepless nights, anxiety, stress and fatigue. Dr. Jessica Brandes will address these issues and help you achieve optimal physical and cognitive performance.
Dr. Jessica Brandes works specifically with results-driven individuals to optimize their physical and cognitive performance via physician-guided biohacking. She is the founding physician at Infuse Health, an independent private medical practice based in Portland, Oregon.
Patients that work with Jessica gather information about themselves and work to design a lifestyle that will make them feel better in the short term and prevent or reverse disease in the long term.