What’s your relationship with money like? We’re going to dive into that question as well as explore how entrepreneurs can develop powerful financial habits and why it’s so important to have healthy conversations about money.
“It’s not what you make, it’s what you spend.”
– Charlene Quaresma
Highlights of This Episode:
- It takes money to do great things, including starting a business.
- Ask yourself “how does money make you feel?”
- The importance of having a strong “why” and keeping it in focus.
- Do you live in a culture of mediocrity?
- It’s more important what you do with the money you keep versus how much you make.
- How you view the 1% may be affecting your own money story.
- Why it’s so important to have healthy conversations about money.
- The difference between offensive financial planning and defensive financial planning.
- How to develop healthy financial habits in your business.
- In business, you gotta keep score.
- Charlene discusses which numbers you need to know in your business.
- What is risk management and why do we need it?
- If your business is your best asset, what are you doing to protect it?
“How you see your business 5-10 years from now will determine when and how you expand.”
– Charlene Quaresma
Insights From Charlene:
Most influential book?
What is your business superpower?
- I can make people laugh, which causes them to open up and be more honest with themselves.
What bold promise can you make to everyone you meet?
- I’m not here to judge your situation. If you’re willing to do the work, I will climb that mountain with you.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- You’re not invincible and you might not always have tomorrow.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Ask for help, hire sooner, don’t suffer in silence, and you don’t have to do it alone in your business. Also, journal more!
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- How I make people feel. I want people to remember me making them feel safe and cared for.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Find out more about Charlene at PlanningWithCharlene.com
- Connect with Charlene on Facebook and LinkedIn
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins
About Charlene Quaresma:
Charlene Quaresma is a different type of entrepreneur. As a Financial Advisor for Northwestern Mutual, her mission is to inspire her clients to live courageously and with purpose. She is a licensed Advisor and holds her FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Series 6, 63 and 65 certifications.
She runs a broad practice and works with a team of specialists to offer:
- Flexible financial planning for millennials and digital creatives
- Guidance with multigenerational and estate planning
- Comprehensive planning for small business owners
- Foundational planning for young families
Charlene is not your typical financial planner. She didn’t dream of working in the industry; she never imagined she’d land in the world of investments and long term planning. She began her career as a sales manager at a lingerie boutique and it was there where she discovered the powerful link between money and emotion, passion and vulnerability. With her, it’s not about judgment; it’s about owning your story and following your dreams.