Ryan Ayres is a business coach and strategist that has made it his mission to help other entrepreneurs make more money in their businesses while gaining some of their time back. He is the creator of the Focus 53 podcast and founder of Focus 53 – a one-stop shop for all things related to business productivity and operations.
“Until my one thing is done, everything else is a distraction.” – Ryan Ayres
Highlights of This Episode:
- Ryan got bitten by the entrepreneur bug early by selling soda’s out of his garage at the age of 8.
- The importance of understanding what you need to be focused on based on the stage of business that you’re in.
- How to decide on the most important goals to accomplish in your business.
- How to avoid the feast or famine cycle that many entrepreneurs face.
- How batching can save you a ton of time and energy.
- The single best thing that Ryan did to take his business to the next level.
- Ryan reveals his “catch-all” system for capturing priorities, assessing them, and getting the the most important things accomplished in a distraction free environment.
- Ryan talks about the powerful lessons learned by training for and completing an Ironman Triathlon and how this can be applied to business.
- How to deal with obstacles when they come up.
- Ryan shares his thoughts about who is and isn’t well suited to be an entrepreneur.
Insights From Ryan:
Most influential book?
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Garry Keller and Jay Papasan
What is your business superpower?
- Showing clients what they can't see and saying what others won’t say.
What bold promise can you make to everyone you meet?
- If you are open to it and are accepting of seeing the world through a different lens, I can help you.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- There is still a ton of value in serving others through 1-on-1 and offline dialogue by being a genuine and available person.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Focus on your health and fitness. And if it’s not a “hell yeah” it’s a “hell no.”
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- I want my kids to be proud of who their dad is, how he’s helped people and what he’s done, not just for them, but for those less fortunate.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
About Ryan Ayres:
Ryan is the founder of Focus 53 and host of the Focus 53 podcast. As a business coach and strategist, Ryan has had the privilege of working with companies of all sizes, including Microsoft and Sports Illustrated, in addition to many smaller companies throughout the years.
Ryan’s passion for helping business owners runs deep. After starting a web design business, Ryan noticed that the majority of his clients thought that a new website would launch them into the next stage of their business. Knowing that this wasn’t the case, Ryan wanted to help these businesses find their focus and have a greater impact. Today, Ryan focuses on business operations and helping owners identify opportunities and solve roadblocks with the people and processes within their company.