Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Genevieve LeMarchal is an entrepreneur with a growing startup, who also teaches entrepreneurs how she went from being stumped about sales and growth; to triple digit growth and a steadily growing business.
“I remember thinking, this is the end. Actual bad things are happening.”
Highlights of This Episode:
- Genevieve opens up about the lowest point in her journey as an entrepreneur.
- The moment that Genevieve realized something had to change, or else she’d lose everything.
- How Genevieve immersed herself in the study of what it really takes to grow a business.
- Why entrepreneurs started showing up in Genevieve’s kitchen to learn what she had learned.
- Sales process and building a pipeline isn’t discussed by entrepreneurs but it is the key to growth in any business.
- Why no founder should ever allow sales to be a black box.
- The amount of time and energy that you should really be spending on sales and growth.
- Why direct outbound sales is the fastest way to get clients.
- 80% of your success will be in the process of doing the work and 20% will be the mindset.
- The importance of finding a quiet moment every day.
“Start being the entrepreneur that you are meant to be. And start being that person right now.”
Insights From Genevieve LeMarchal:
Most influential book(s)?
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson
- Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com by Aaron Ross and Marylou Tyler
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness by Jeff Olson
What is your business superpower?
- Business development – seeing the connections between people, opportunities and things.
What bold promise can you make to everyone you meet?
- I will always be candid and transparent.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- You are already the person you need to be.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Don’t worry so much about what other people think of you.
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- As a teacher and a mentor – someone who gave and taught and brought people along. And secondly as someone who really lived life.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect with Genevieve via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
About Genevieve LeMarchal:
Genevieve LeMarchal has been an entrepreneur for over a decade. She has learned how to raise money, scale and grow a business, and navigate the challenges of entrepreneurship. Genevieve understands that your skill as an entrepreneur can make the difference between a booming business and struggling to make payroll. And she knows that your #1 job as a business owner is to sell.
By learning how to build a pipeline and focus on sales, she has taken her life and business to new heights. She is also committed to teaching other founders how to sell.
Question of The Day: Do you have a plan for fueling business growth and filling your sales pipeline with ideal customers?