Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Emily Anderson is a matchmaker of sorts. But instead of connecting people, she connects people with the businesses that will give them the greatest chance at success.
“No one achieved their dreams by sitting still and trying to do it on their own.”
Highlights of This Episode:
- Emily describes how she matches people to the business that is best suited for them.
- Emily shares three powerful examples of what it looks likes to find the right business fit.
- How being in the right business can be a positive ripple out to the rest of your life.
- The importance of finding congruency with our values and matching these to the ideal business model.
- Why it’s so important to separate the function of the business from the function of the business owner.
- Finding the balance of doing research and taking action.
- The role of a business owner usually falls in one of these categories; manager, operations, or business development.
- Some of the advantages of franchise ownership are lower risk, more predictability, and a proven business model.
- There is more sustainability in business ownership when it is approached in a safe and well-researched manner.
- 85% of FranNet assisted businesses are still open after 5 years.
“There’s actually more security in business ownership when it’s approached in a safe, responsible, and well-researched manner.”
Insights From Emily Anderson:
Most influential book
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal by Jim Loehr
What is your business superpower?
- Connecting individuals with opportunities.
What bold promise can you make to everyone you meet?
- Transparency – what you see is what you get.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- If we want to grow, we have to get a little uncomfortable.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Honey, you have been doing exactly what you’ve needed to do personally and professionally up to this point but we’re going to shake things up and make you a little uncomfortable. I know you want to know how the story ends before reading the first page, but take that leap anyway and I promise you that it will be so worth it.
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- For making people feel better and bringing lightness and clarity to any situation.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect to Emily directly at FranNet.com/eanderson
- Fill out your PFA assessment to learn if business ownership is right for you
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
About Emily Anderson:
Career turning points are her specialty. Most of Emily’s clients are at a point in their career where something is no longer working (down-sized, disengaged, need for increased income), and they don’t know where to turn. Emily provides information, consultation and resources to empower them to get “unstuck”.
As a Director of Business Development for FranNet, Emily’s role is to educate and consult on your best-matched business ownership opportunities; guide you through a process of due diligence so you can make a safe and wise decision, whether or not your path leads to business ownership.
Emily currently lives with her family in Central Oregon, and enjoys the same freedom and flexibility that she helps others achieve through business ownership.