When you walk into a room, are people naturally drawn to you? During a business meeting, do people listen to your ideas? Kara Ronin explains how your body is actually doing more than half of the communicating and how to leverage body language as a powerful tool for building confidence and creating authority quickly.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Kara shares what motivated her to start her own business.
- Did you know that body language counts for 55% of all communication?
- Why you should care about body language as an entrepreneur.
- Changing your body language may feel strange at first, but it’s so important to getting your message across effectively.
- How to put people at ease by effectively using your body language.
- Correcting your posture can create a response in the body that will make you feel more powerful and confident.
- Body language increases your testosterone and lowers your cortisol levels.
- Kara talks about using the ‘steeple’ gesture to convey confidence.
- How to choose the power position to decide where to sit in a room.
- Kara shares powerful body language strategies for delivering your next presentation.
- How to tell if someone is lying to you.
- Why your feet are the most honest part of your body.
- What to do if you feel out of place in a social gathering.
“No matter how reserved you might feel right now, you can change that with body language.” – Kara Ronin
Insights From Kara:
What has been the most influential book for you?
What is your business super power?
What bold promise can you make to everyone that you meet?
- If you invest in social skills and body language training, you will see a change in your interactions with others.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- That business etiquette skills are not old and stuffy and they are still very applicable today.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Start by creating an online business.
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- Helping people feel more comfortable and confident in their business and social interactions.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Kara’s website: Executive-impressions.com
- Amy Cuddy TED Talk: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
- Powerful, Confident Body Language for Elegant Business Women
- Powerful, Confident Body Language for Elegant Business Women – Part One
- Powerful, Confident Body Language for Elegant Business Women – Part Two
- How Spending $162,301.42 on Cloths Made Me $692,500
- The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism by Olivia Fox Cabane
- Say “Hello” to Kara on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube
About Kara Ronin:
Kara Ronin is passionate about teaching people the social skills to thrive in any business or social situation. She is a social skills expert and Founder of Executive Impressions, an educational platform that shows people how to leverage body language to read people quickly, get your message across, and feel confident.
Kara has spent over 10 years living an international life in Japan, the US and Europe and can speak several languages including Japanese and French. At one stage, Kara moved countries or cities every year for 10 years straight. Now she is living in Lyon, France where she took a leap of faith and started her own business.
Today, Kara will teach you the keys of leveraging body language to help you exude confidence and presence in any situation.