Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Highlights of This Episode:
- Matt shares how his military background helped him become a successful entrepreneur.
- Matt talks about the pivotal moment that thrust him towards entrepreneurship.
- Success comes from determination and the ability to adapt to change.
- How a desire for passive income led Matt to purchasing a used gumball machine.
- Matt’s decision to design his business around lifestyle.
- The one conversation that got Matt out of his comfort zone and into the growth zone.
- Conditions were less than ideal when Matt started his business.
- Embracing the opportunity that lies before you.
- Get busy doing – don’t let anything hold you back.
“If you don’t take that one shot, you’re never going to know.” – Matt Miller
Insights From Matt:
What has been the most influential book for you?
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki
What is your business super power?
- The ability to innovate.
What bold promise can you make to everyone that you meet?
- To be the most loyal person they will ever come across.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- You can make money and not trade time directly for it.
If you could call yourself five years ago, and only had 30 seconds, what would you say?
- Vending is where it’s at.
What do you most want to be remembered for?
- Somebody who made a difference; who put others first and who was able to create an empire by doing so.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Matt’s website: schoolspiritvending.com
- Live Your Dreams: The Top 10 Reasons Why You Need to Start a Vending Business
- Contact Matt
- Aaron Walker
- Chris Brogan
- Kids Across Cultures
About Matt Miller:
Matt Miller is a former United States Air Force pilot turned entrepreneur, who took a chance with less than $50 and turned it into a thriving business. Matt is the Founder of School Spirit Vending, where he provides opportunities for people to generate passive income while helping schools with their fundraising needs.
Wanting more freedom (both financially and personally) he purchased a used gumball machine off eBay and leveraged it to raise over $3 million for education.
Today, Matt and his team provide passive fundraising for close to 2,000 schools across 30 states.