In today’s discussion, you’ll learn how Prashant Kakad made the tough decision to follow what was tugging at his soul and leave his job.
After graduating from an Ivy League University, Prashant joined Intel Corporation as an Engineer & worked there four years before deciding to quit and follow his passion for Bollywood.
Fast-forward to now, Prashant is one of the most sought after Bollywood entertainers in North America. He entertains from coast-to-coast including New York City, L.A., Bay Area, Seattle and Portland.
“It’s all about making people happy and having the opportunity to do that every day.” – DJ Prashant
I experienced Prashant’s energy and enthusiasm four years ago at a conference called World Domination Summit. It was there that Prashant rocked the crowd into a frenzy by leading everyone through his Jai! Ho! Party.
I’ve seen Prashant entertain the crowd at this event every year since and he just keeps getting better and better.
I feel so lucky to be able to connect with people like Prashant. He is such an incredible example of what it means to be following your bliss and spreading joy.
Here are some of Prashant’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Best Conference or Industry Event
Most Effective Strategy For Growing Your Business
- To absolutely immerse yourself in the moment and do things to the best of your ability.
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Attending a 10-day silent Vipassana meditation allowed Prashant to really appreciate life from a new perspective. He describes it as the best party you can have with yourself.
- How Prashant went from an engineer at Intel to creating Bollywood dance parties.
- Prashant’s unusual story about how his first clients actually found him.
- Prashant describes the void he felt in his life and what he did to fill it.
- How to deal with the fear and uncertainty of stepping away from a good corporate job to do something more meaningful.
- Making the transition from a corporate job to doing the work that you can’t not do.
- What to do when you’ve got an idea that’s tugging at your soul.
- Why too much planning can keep us stuck.
- The path to being extraordinary at what you do.
- Prashant talks about the biggest obstacle that he encountered while building his business. Most of us will never have to face this.
- What to do if you feel stuck in your job yet you know you have a bigger contribution to make. Learn the best way to deal with this internal struggle.
Interview Links for Prashant:
- PrashantKakad.com – Check out Prashant's website to learn more about his Jai! Ho! dance parties, DJ services, dance lessons, Bollywood DJ mixes, dance videos and much more.
- Prashant's TEDx Concordia Portland talk – Prashant shares some of his story along with the influence that Bollywood had on him as a young boy in India.
- Learn the Bollywood Thriller – Check out Prashant's dance lesson videos including how to do the Bollywood Thriller.
- Say hello to Prashant on Facebook Twitter YouTube
Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe To The Podcast
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
Ask yourself: How can I apply this to my business? Add your answer to the comments section right now. I read and respond to every comment.