A few months ago I was sitting in the fourth row at Pioneer Nation listening to Shenee Howard talk about her frustration with horrible clients, being busy but not making any real progress, and feeling broke.
These sounded like the typical frustrations for many early stage solopreneurs.
But then Shenee described the simple process she used to launch her business forward.
Enter The 100 People Project.
Shenee Howard is my guest today and we’re going to talk about a simple process that she crafted by talking to 100 people.
It's the process she used to turn a struggling business into a growing empire.
If you have a small email list – I’m telling you – this is the way to make it convert.
“I do what I do because I don’t want anyone to feel like they aren’t good enough to do the work they truly want to do.” – Shenee Howard
Shenee is THE branding expert for undeniably mind-blowing, awe-inspiring (profitable) brands. She helps entrepreneurs and business builders strategize and become truly unforgettable online.
Shenee will teach you how to do the right stuff to sell more products, get more clients and have more fun doing the work you love.
Here are some of Shenee’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
- Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
Best Conference or Industry Event
Most Effective Strategy For Growing Your Business
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
- Google Drive
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Shenee just started rowing and it's the hardest thing she’s ever done.
- Hear Shenee’s amazing story of having to borrow money to attend a conference in Portland to being one of the keynote speakers in Portland just 2 years later.
- Shenee describes how she got the idea for The 100 People Project and how she used it to launch her first program.
- How Shenee went from horrible clients and undercharging to working with awesome clients that pay her for the value she delivers.
- The importance of connecting with people offline, especially when you’re in the early stages of building your business.
- Shenee discusses how she comes up with the creative ideas for her business.
- The process for creating baseline income while you’re building your business and the important money psychology behind this concept.
- Why you’re not automatically deserving of anyone’s money just because you created something.
- The best way to build a loyal following.
- Valuable advice about determining your niche.
- Shenee talks about the biggest hurdle she’s had to overcome while building her business.
Interview Links for Shenee:
- HeyShenee.com – Check out Shenee's amazing website to learn more about Brand Chemistry, The 100 People Project, structuring a business you love, and much more.
- 100 People Project – If you are feeling lost about what you do, who you create for or how to make money, The 100 People Project will help you get clarity, build your community and figure out your next steps.
- Shenee's Pioneer Nation Talk – Shenee Howard explains the 100 people project and how she built a business by connecting to her community.
- Piece O Cake – Shenee's 6 month Mentorship + Business Accelerator
- Say hello to Shenee on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ Pinterest
Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe To The Podcast
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
Ask yourself: How can I apply this to my business? Add your answer to the comments section right now. I read and respond to every comment.