Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
What’s it like to be so stressed at work that you pass out on a bus, end up leaving your high paying corporate job, start a travel blog, decide to redesign your entire business around your life’s purpose, lose a big part of your audience, then gain back a new one and then some?
You’re about to find out!
Andy Hayes is my guest this week and he’s the founder of the popular online magazine and brand called Plum Deluxe.
Plum Deluxe specializes in content marketing programs and campaigns for some of today’s hottest boutique brands. According to Plum Deluxe, the key to living a life you love is all about making time every day for great moments.
“Building an audience is like sprinting a marathon, only to realize that at mile 26 you’re just getting started.” – Andy Hayes
In today’s episode, Andy Hayes will talk about the unique and inspiring story behind the creation of Plum Deluxe as well as how he expanded his revenue model and grew a loyal audience to over 100,000 subscribers.
It’s not getting any easier to capture eyeballs on the Internet. And it’s even harder to turn them into subscribers and loyal fans. If any aspect of your business is online, you should probably listen to Andy’s guidance on growing and expanding a successful business and brand online.
Enjoy this episode as Andy shares his valuable insights about succeeding with a digital business.
Here are some of Andy’s favorite things:
Most Influential Book
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
Best Conference or Industry Event
Most Effective Strategy For Growing Your Business
Favorite Business Tool or Resource
Most Recent Exciting Adventure
- Andy has a slight obsession with the Oregon Coast and recently went to Newport to visit Rogue Brewing, hike along the coast and breath the calming sea air. Now that’s my kind of hobby!
- Hear the inspiring story behind the creation of Plum Deluxe and how Andy incorporated his mom’s message into a new direction for his business.
- How stress and a convincing conversation spurred Andy to leave a very high paying career in technology.
- Andy explains the unique revenue model for Plum Deluxe and how he layers in new ways to monetize the platform.
- Breaking down the most important steps to ensure that you will create an engaged audience and loyal followers.
- Andy gives the most precise description for his target audience that I’ve ever heard. Such a great example of knowing your tribe!
- Andy asks one of the most powerful questions that I’ve ever heard about knowing the value of your product or service. Listen in at the 30:05 mark to find out.
- The top things you must have in place to build a sizable and loyal online following.
- It’s okay if you don’t get it right the first or even the second time. Just keep learning and growing and you’ll figure it out.
- Andy discusses in favorite social media platform and how he uses it to grow his business.
Interview Links for Andy Hayes and Plum Deluxe:
- PlumDeluxe.com – Check out the Plum Deluxe website to learn more about their articles, products, newsletter and events.
- NEW Plum Deluxe Signature Tea Blends – Try some of the creative new organic tea blends that are specifically formulated to help you truly life the good life.
- Plum Deluxe Blend Newsletter – Every Sunday morning, we deliver the Plum Deluxe Blend, our handcrafted weekly mix of what we enjoyed this week and what we’re looking forward to. It pairs perfectly with a piping hot cup of coffee or tea.
- AndyHayes.com – Put your best foot forward online with some guidance from Andy.
- Say hello to Plum Deluxe on Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Instagram
Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe To The Podcast
If you prefer audio only, you can subscribe and listen to The Startup Sessions podcast on iTunes!
Ask yourself: How can I apply this to my business? Add your answer to the comments section right now. I read and respond to every comment.