Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
On the podcast this week I have Yasmin Nguyen of Vibrance Global. He dishes on practicing “weekly retirement” to replenish himself and asks “what if you operated your impact-driven business from a place of gratitude and appreciation?” I sit down with Yasmin to discuss how to rid ourselves of fear and neediness and instead drive towards happiness, community and truly leading!
Highlights of This Episode:
- The importance of practicing “weekly retirement” and what it looks like (5:43)
- IMPACT-driven entrepreneurs: What kind of impact do you want to make? (11:40)
- The benefits of embracing gratitude (16:30)
- Implementing gratitude to create REAL results (21:50)
- Applying gratitude practices to better your business (29:20)
- The Rule of Opposite: How to be authentically different from everyone else (41:30)
“Build appreciation from within yourself.”
Insights from Yasmin:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
- Gratitude Works by Robert Emmons
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- A Happy Pocket Full of Money by David Cameron Gikandi
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Making deviled eggs
- Taking photos of nature
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- Taking a pause
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- Practicing retirement weekly
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Creating space to really discover my own alignment first.
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- Subscribe to my Gratitude Hacks Podcast coming out in a few months.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Like Yasmin on Facebook
- Connect with Yasmin on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to Yasmin’s podcast
- Check out Gratitude Inspired Living
- APPLY for one of the remaining spots in The Council of Visionary Business Builders
About Yasmin Nguyen:
Yasmin Nguyen is the Founder of Vibrance Global and GratitudeInspiredLiving.com where he is the Gratitude MOFO and Chief Appreciation Officer. Over the last 15 years, Yasmin Nguyen has been helping high-performing entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies, elite coaches, nonprofits, industry experts, and professionals share their powerful customer stories to attract top clients and partnerships.
He has interviewed over 400 people, helped more than 30 nonprofits, and produced over 3,000 client videos. As a result of working with him, his clients no longer have to be salesy, promote or prove themselves to their buyers. They build trust instantly with the type of clients they love working with and stop wasting time convincing pain-in-the-ass clients who don’t understand or appreciate them.
Yasmin helps his clients leverage their time by using customer gratitude videos to speak and sell for them. He believes that the true currency of business and relationships is trust. Gratitude is the engine that drives trust. And when we share passion, gratitude, and impact, we inspire others to take action. He’s committed to inspiring personal, business, and community growth through the practice of gratitude.
To recharge, Yasmin has taken 52 trips to the Oregon Coast over the last year and a half as part of his weekly retirement practice.
“As entrepreneurs, we have to show up and measure our success based on our own measuring stick, rather than comparing ourselves to others.”
– Yasmin Nguyen