Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
MeiMei Fox brings her passion for purpose-driven entrepreneurs to the forefront as she joins me on this week’s podcast. MeiMei unveils the direct impact you can have by connecting your purpose with your business and how this can immediately set you apart from others.
MeiMei’s vibrant spirit and robust insight of purpose, and philanthropy-driven entrepreneurs remind us to start by asking “What can I do for you?” instead of our go-to sales pitch.
Highlights of This Episode:
- The Women at Forbes Initiative and “30 Under 30”.
- What Millennials and job-seekers are looking for, according to the research. (6:22)
- What it means to align your purpose with your business. (12:55)
- The mindset most changemakers have in common. (18:48)
- Entrepreneurs who are wildly successful at running a purpose-driven business. (37:03)
- MeiMei’s best advice for entrepreneurs. (48:55)
“What is human nature all about? That is my passion. That is my purpose on this planet.”
– MeiMei Fox
Insights from MeiMei:
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
What every day thing are you better at than anyone else?
- Butt in the chair.
What’s your best time-saving trick?
- One thing at a time.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
- We have less control than we like but more power than we know.
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
- Let go of expectations of what you should do and do what you want to do.
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
- Check out my column in Forbes.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Five Invitations by Frank Ostaseski
- A Brief History of Seven Killings: A Novel
- Find MeiMei in Forbes
- Connect with MeiMei on Twitter
- APPLY for one of the remaining spots in The Council of Visionary Business Builders
About MeiMei Fox:
MeiMei Fox is the published author, co-author, ghostwriter, and freelance editor of 100’s of non-fiction of health, wellness, spirituality and psychology books, articles, blogs and more, including Bend, Not Break with Ping Fu and Fortitude with Sarah Brokaw. Her articles have also been published routinely in the Huffington Post, Self magazine, and MindBodyGreen.
MeiMei is a graduate with honors and distinction from Stanford University with an MA and BA in psychology. She’s also earned an MA in counseling psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute. She’s been a life coach since 2009, assisting clients in developing careers that have meaning and impact.
“Fear less, love more. That is my mantra.”
– MeiMei Fox