Today I’m experimenting with a new idea. Every week I interview experts that are rocking their business and sharing amazing insights and actionable advice.
Those conversations are fun and pretty involved so this week I’m introducing something new – a short burst of insight that’s delivered in 5 minutes or less in an area of expertise that my guest is highly knowledgable about.
It’s designed to give you a valuable dose of insight or advice in a bite size format. A.K.A. a Biz Wisdom Bomb!
This week I have Dave Hoch, founder of a Portland-based co-workspace and startup accelerator, talking about the 7 ways that a co-workspace can add value to a small business or startup.
Here are the 7 benefits:
- Shared Services – sharing common business services like accountants, insurance, web development, etc.
- Ongoing education – the opportunity to learn about the latest ideas on leadership, business strategy, marketing, etc.
- Mentorship from existing businesses that are already succeeding.
- Networking – the opportunity to collaborate with other like-minded entrepreneurs and business builders.
- Partnerships – having the ability to work and parter with complimentary businesses.
- Community building – being part of a collective project that benefits all people and businesses involved.
- Saves money – you immediately have access to shared services that you would otherwise have to pay full price for.
Dave recently wrote an article that goes into more detail on this topic. If you’re interested you can read his article called Making the Case for Adding Value to Small Businesses and Startups.
Thank you to Dave Hoch of The COG Space for contributing his expert advice on the benefits of co-workspaces.
Do me a favor and share your thoughts on this new mini-episode format.
What do you think of the co-workspace idea? What’s the most appealing benefit to you? Also, ask any questions you have about the co-working space concept and Dave & I will answer your questions.
For more advice on creating a business that matters, download my free guide: Getting Paid To Make A Difference!